Unique Data warehouse features of Snowflake
If you want to know the data warehouse features of Snowflake you are in the right place. But at first, we need to get the primary idea of Snowflake Data Warehouse. Customers get a fully managed cloud data warehouse in Saas (Software-as-a-Service) or Daas (Database-as-a-service) in Snowflake Data Warehouse. It is called fully managed because users don’t need to worry about back-end work such as server installation, maintenance, etc.
Snowflake is becoming an alternative to Google Big Query and Amazon Redshift because of its go-to solution for analytics and reporting. In this article, we will share some unique features of a snowflake that make it unique and apart from other data warehouses. So let’s start discussing snowflake features.
Features offer by Snowflake
- Snowflake has partnerships with industry-leading technology partners, which help them to build connectors and drivers of significant analytics ecosystems.
- There are features called zero-copy in Snowflake by which customers can clone any database instantly without creating a new copy. Furthermore, it can create multiple independent clones without extra.
- Snowflake performs query performance and table optimization with micro partitions and data clustering.
- It helps the customer connect with the source with the help of a snow pipe. It is effortless to create integration with the snow pipes. The data from your source can use it.
- Snowflake is a continuous, straightforward, and cost-effective service to load the data in the snowflake.
- Snowflake offers you to create a material view on top of the file storage. It helps reduce the cost and reduce the time to load into the data warehouse to do the analysis part.
- It gives you the ability to create the material view on the top of the file storage to start the analysis.
- Snowflakes help in schema less loading. It means customers don’t need to define the schema at first. Instead, you can directly load that into the data warehouse without specifying the schema of the data.
- It helps the customer query the JSON without flattening it or transforming it.
- It also offers data sharing to external users without creating copies of the data. It means you don’t need any additional storage and cost for the data consumer.
- There is an UNDROP command in snowflake by which users can recover the mistakes like dropping the wrong table. On other data houses, you have to spend a lot of time backing up and restoring the data, but in snowflakes, you can do it instantly.
- Snowflakes can combine structured and semi-structured data without using complex technologies like a hive.
For these out-of-the-box features of snowflakes, a massive number of customers are adopting this data warehouse. Snowflake is very simple to set up and very easy to build and maintain the analytics. You also take the help of customer support if you have any other queries about this particular data warehouse.