Services offered by AWS and Azure
After reading this article, you will better understand the similar services offered by AWS and Azure. To use these services for your business, you must evaluate the IT capabilities of the similar services offered by AWS and Azure across all categories. Before comparing the similar services provided by AWS and Azure, it is crucial to understand their difference
What is AWS (Amazon Web Services)?
AWS is a widely used cloud computing services platform. It provides its customers with a wide array of cloud services such as database storage, content delivery, computing power, and various other functionalities.
What is Azure?
It is a public cloud computing platform; in simple words, it is an online portal (Windows Azure) that enables you to access a range of cloud services and resources operated by Microsoft for application management via Microsoft-managed data centers.
Similar services offered by AWS and Azure.
In this article, we will discuss the services offered by AWS and the similar services offered by Azure.
1. For the compute
Amazon has the service called Ec2 INSTANCE, and the similar service in Azure is Virtual Machine.
- Amazon Ec2 INSTANCE: Using Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, you may create and customize a virtual computing environment known as an Amazon EC2 instance. In the AWS Cloud, Amazon EC2 offers scalable processing power. For your Code Deploy deployments, you are free to launch as many or as few virtual servers using Amazon EC2.
- Azure Virtual Machine: You can benefit from virtualization’s flexibility with an Azure VM without purchasing and maintaining the physical hardware required to run it. You must still keep up the VM to date by installing, configuring, and patching the software that it runs. There are numerous applications for Azure virtual computers.
2. For the server less platform
Amazon offers you the Lambda function and similar services in Azure functions.
- Amazon Lambda functions: Lambda is scalable automatically from a few daily requests to thousands per second, running your function only when necessary. In addition, there is no fee when your code is not executing; you pay for the compute time you use. You can call your Lambda functions through the Lambda API, or Lambda can run them in response to events from other AWS services.
- Azure Function: Users can run event-triggered code without needing to provision or manage infrastructure using Azure Function, a server less compute service. Instead, it operates a script or piece of code in response to a range of events because it is a trigger-based service.
3. Now let’s talk about the Database
Amazon offers RDS INSTANCE, and Azure offers SQL DATABASES. So it is a similar service.
- Amazon RDS instance: A cloud database environment is an Amazon RDS instance. The number of databases or schemas an administrator can create depends on the Database being utilized. Amazon RDS limits each customer to 40 database instances per account. For Oracle and SQL Server instances, AWS imposes additional restrictions.
- Azure SQL DATABASES: Most database management tasks, such as updating, patching, creating backups, and monitoring, are handled by the fully managed platform as a service (PaaS) database engine known as Azure SQL Database.
4. Amazon for NoSQL databases
Amazon for NoSQL databases provides Dynamo DB, and Azure provides the documentary
- Amazon Dynamo DB: Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed, server less, key-value NoSQL database to build high-performance applications at any scale. In-memory caching, automated multi-Region replication, continuous backups, built-in security, and data export tools are all provided by DynamoDB.
- Azure documentary: You may find comprehensive information about legal and regulatory requirements and compliance on Azure in the Azure compliance documents. In addition, you can find compliance offers in the following categories: worldwide; US government, ,monetary services.
5. Now let’s talk about the Network
Amazon offers VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), and Azure offers you the Virtual Network.
- Amazon offers VPC (Virtual Private Cloud): You can launch Amazon resources into a defined virtual network using the Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC). With the advantages of utilizing Amazon’s scalable infrastructure, this virtual Network closely mimics a conventional network you would operate in your own data center.
- Azure Virtual Network: Your private Network in Azure is constructed primarily using Azure Virtual Networks (VNets). Azure Virtual Machines (VM) and other types of Azure resources may securely communicate with one another, the internet, and internal networks thanks to VNet.
6. For managing the traffic
AWS offers you Routes 53 and CloudFront, SSL Overview, and Azure, Traffic manager.
- AWS Routes 53 and CloudFront and SSL Overview: Cloud front is a CDN service, and Route 53 is a DNS service that serves static (and dynamic) content. With Route 53 Geolocation Routing, you may utilize the Cloud front. For usage with AWS services and your internal connected resources, AWS Certificate Manager is a service that makes it simple to provision, manage, and deploy both public and private Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) certificates.
- Azure Traffic manager: To route TCP or UDP internet traffic from your customers to your applications hosted on Network Load Balancers, Application Load Balancers, and Elastic IP addresses in AWS Regions, AWS offers a congested-free global network.
7. Now, Let’s talk about the Logging and the Scheduling
- Logging AWS: What accomplishes this AWS Solution? Organizations may gather, examine, and display Amazon CloudWatch Logs in a single dashboard with the aid of the Centralized Logging solution. This system combines, manages, and analyzes log files from numerous sources.
- Azure Scheduler: Azure Scheduler is the best tool for recurring operations like clearing logs, starting backups and other maintenance chores because it enables you to conduct jobs—such as accessing HTTP/S endpoints or publishing messages to Azure Storage queues—on any schedule.
8. For monitor
Amazon offers you Cloud Watch, and a similar service in Azure is application insights.
- Cloud Watch: Amazon CloudWatch is a monitoring and management solution that offers data and valuable insights for AWS, hybrid, and on-premises applications and infrastructure resources.
- Application insights: A feature of Azure Monitor called Application Insights offers flexible application performance management (APM) and monitoring for running web apps. Application Insights can be used by developers and DevOps experts to identify performance anomalies automatically. Utilize effective analytics technologies to assist in problem diagnosis.
9. Now for Storage
Amazon offers S3 and Azure offer Blog Storage (Azure blog storage)
- Amazon S3: An object storage service called Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) provides performance, security, and scalability that are unmatched in the market. Any quantity of data can be stored and retrieved using Amazon S3 at any time, from any location.
- Azure blog storage: You can construct robust cloud-native and mobile apps with the support of Azure Blob Storage, which also offers storage for your data lakes. Reduce expenses for long-term data storage using flexibly scale up for workloads requiring high-performance computation and machine learning.
10. In terms of notifications
It provides the services SNS (Simple Notification Service), and Azure gives you the notification.
- Simple Notification Service: Direct consumer alerts are possible with Amazon SNS. Amazon SNS enables email notifications, mobile push notifications to Amazon, Android, Apple, Baidu, and Microsoft devices, and text messaging to more than 200 countries.
- Azure Notification: With support for APNs (Apple Push Notification Service), GCM (Google Cloud Messaging), WNS (Windows Push Notification Service), and more, Azure Notification Hubs is a massively scalable mobile push notification engine for sending millions of notifications to iOS, Android, Windows, or Kindle devices in a flash.
I hope this article will be beneficial for you. In this article, we compared the services offered by AWS and Azure. If you want more details, visit our page or call us now!